Re-finding The Way

swan wrote:

"I know, from experience, that the solution (when I'm feeling off balance) is not to abandon the slave path that is the correct way for me, but to renew my dedication and attention to it. The place of calm and rest and security and simple freedom for my spirit, heart, and mind is found as I turn fully toward Him."


It is so much the same on the other side.

But not always so obvious. The very nature of the roles dictates, to a degree, that more often than not it's going to be assumed that the submissive has lost his or her way. Additionally, in My experience Dominants are less likely to acknowledge or understand that They might be the One "off balance"; and in fact the lessened ability to see that off-balance condition is often a reflection of the very confidence that the submissive seeks in a Dominant.

As for being able to see it more clearly, or sooner, I don't know of any remedy, expect perhaps to place sticky notes around the house that read "maybe it's You."

But once seen, the remedy is just what swan described. Renewed attention. Renewed dedication. Immersing Oneself in what led Owner and owned to each other in the first place.
Ridiculously simple, and inexplicably powerful -- somehow it jolts one with the shock of the new, no matter how many times experienced before.

2 comments:

engrailed said...

Great observations, Lenora, and beautifully expressed...

Sue said...

Too bad that "balance" once obtained does not simply stay put. I am finding that it must be attended to continually. Perhaps that is the discipline of all of this: stay upright.

swan