Brief (Errr . . . ) Update

1. Big News! For Me, anyway . . . I am into My fifth day of quitting smoking. From close to a pack a day down to three cigarettes yesterday, and today might very well be the "zero" day.

I'm not too cranky, considering. The biggest problems have been the wanting to eat everything in sight and having My sleep/wake cycle completely thrown off. But, it's all temporary and all for the best.


2. The current Lenora X story rolls on . . . with luck (and better alertness) another episode will get posted this weekend. Once again, My thanks to tasha for doing such s great job on the fiction web page. Oh, and yes, will get the older Lenora X stories posted there too . . . soon.


3. I haven't been posting a lot aside from detective story chapters lately, and that's mainly because nothing much inspires Me of late in the D/s theory and philosophy arena. It's odd, but it happens from time to time . . . last night, I surfed blogs for over an hour, starting with My link list and going far afield, reading a lot of posts and comments . . . and finding nothing vaguely inspiring. I don't think it's any sudden decrease in the insightfulness or creativity of My fellow bloggers; it's just that . . . "stuff happens." In the meantime, thankfully, there are the Lenora X stories.


4. I, along with many others, note with sadness the passing of Freya's House of Dreams. I wasn't terribly surprised, I have to admit. Freya's wonderful blog was showing the signs of impending cessation -- her entries had become intermittent, and had a perfunctory feeling about them. I wish her all the best in her endeavors, and will miss her writing there tremendously.


5. OK, I've come to the realization that link-whoring in and of itself it not enough. In looking around at other blogs, and seeing how popular some are, I've come to the conclusion that in addition to consistent and faithful link-whoring, there is an aspect of unselfishness required, and that unselfishness is reflected in having a B.A.L.L. (Big-Assed Link List). Yes, you heard Me right -- maintaining a huge list of links regardless of whether they link back to you or not.

Karmically, it's the right thing to do. Plus, some people just will never link back, either because they don't read their e-mail, they can't be bothered to mess with their template, they don't know how to change their template or are afraid to, since it was done for the person by his or her geek friend.

And it looks mega-cool. And, a lot of links are gong to get reciprocated (and this is difficult for Me to say) without one's link-whoring to get them.

So My goal now is to have a B.A.L.L. That, applied with consistent link-whoring and a few other techniques (to be discussed/revealed in future entries) should have Me well on My way to blog stardom in no time!


6. More soon. As always, My girls please and thrill Me no end . . . I am lucky and blessed to have them. I love you, so much. Here's to the (smoke-free) future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a pleasure and honor to be able to help You post Your stories so that others can enjoy them, Mistress. i know i enjoy them so very much and can hardly wait for each new chapter. i love You so incredibly much Mistress... thank You for the opportunity to serve You.

Miss Carolyn said...

Ohhh Lenora!! How great that you're quitting smoking! I am so very proud of you.
I think that a key to gaining readers is leaving comments. That's how I came to read your blog, you left a comment on mine and I wondered who you were and I've been checking you out ever since.
I'm still behind in reading the Detective series, but having them together in one place has made it SO easy to just go and grab one when I'm in the mood.
Hope you're weekend has been fun.