The Last Bit of Holiday Pie

The slice of life stuff.

It was a fun, not overly hectic holiday season. The extra time off from work was a welcome respite (the work situation, without going into much detail, is about to enter a difficult phase. I knew this before the holidays so I was grateful for the extra downtime before entering what promises to be a challenging stretch).

As is not My norm, I attended a New Year's Eve party. Which was a lot more fun than I'd anticipated. As a rule I hate New Year's Eve parties -- the forced joviality makes My skin crawl. But this party was a pleasant surprise . . . small enough to not be overwhleming, a lively but not out of control atmosphere, the chance to reconnect with some people I hadn't seen in a while and to meet a couple some new people. Plus, I looked great! (People said that before they got loaded, so I'm taking it as true). Getting dressed up for something other than work, a wedding, or a funeral, is fun. One forgets sometimes.

The past couple of months, up until about two weeks ago, was sort of a "down" period for Me. Physically I hadn't been feeling so wonderful, and over time that has an emotional/spiritual effect. Worse, I think it affected the girls to varying degrees. I am feeling much better lately, and I can feel that that's reflected in how I act. I see the positive effects in My girls, too. So that's a win-win-win-win. The constancy of their love and submission was a big factor in helping Me deal with the "down" period. When I tell people how lucky, how blessed, I am to have them, I can't be any more sincere. I only wish I had more and better words to express how I feel about them.

State of the Blog . . .

Tomorrow marks one year since I started this. I've had just shy of 38,000 visitors. Not overwhleming numbers, and certianly I'm no "blog star," but I'm happy with how things have progressed. I know of late that the adventures of Lenora X have dominated the entries. That's not neccessarily for lack of other things to write about, but more the fact that I have to go where I'm inspired, and right now the Domme Detective is where that is.

I guess I wouldn't mind more traffic but I just haven't had the time to get out there and link-whore properly. Maybe soon I'll work on that.

A couple of new links . . . Mimi's Place, and Miss Fran. mimi is a self-described "service-oriented non-masochistic bottom" who writes with a refreshing candor. Miss Fran is a Domme Who's pretty much just starting out. Both worth a look.

I am getting semi-bored with YouTube Tuesday. Some Tuesdays it feels like a chore. Not good. I may expand My range of sites I get videos from, or make it a more randomly-occurring feature.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and joyous holiday season and I wish everyone a happy and prosperous 2007, in every sense. I'd also like to issue a sort of mass delurk invitation: Please, take a moment and leave a comment, if you read but never drop a line.

More soon. KAHTATUS. (That's -- "kisses and hugs to all the usual suspects"; I'd gotten a couple of questions about what KAHTATUS was.)

6 comments:

CZ said...

Well I do comment from time to time, but I'll delurk anyhow.. with a suggestion. ;) I absolutely love the Domme Detective series but lately I haven't had time to read anything like that. I keep telling myself I'll come back when I do have time, but you know it'll probably be buried under a mound of other posts by then. So.. the suggestion.. how about putting your fiction in a category of its own in the sidebar?

Glad you had a wonderful holiday!!

Carolyn Albro said...

Thank You for the mention in Your blog : ) I enjoyed Your post about Your holidays and congrats on the one year mark.

I hope that in the new year we'll read more about Your life as a Domme and Your experiences. I've found that it's difficult to find good blogs written by Dommes, they're always from a sub's perspective.

Anonymous said...

Lenora,

Congratulations on making it to one year! You have made such a difference to me, and you make cyberspace a better place!

With love, kisses and blessings,
nina

Destiny and her pet chance said...

Also delurking for a second to wish you and yours a happy New Year.

I second taylor's idea of placing the story in its own catagory to make it easy to sit down with a cup of tea and just get lost in your story.

Destiny

Lenora said...

Thanks, all.

With regard to taylor's suggestion, I'm working on (OK, to be totally honest, tasha is working on) having the fiction posts on their own page on the #EP website . . . so that you can read them here as they're published, and/or read them uninterrupted on the web page.

Details soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the mention and link in Your blog! I'm delighted to have found yours and plan to be back often.