YouTube Tuesday: Super Freak

Tonight's clip is "Super Freak" by the late Rick James.

There are things in life that one might describe as "compellingly hideous" (or "hideously compelling," I suppose), but few can match early 80s style in that category.

Rick James, with "Super Freak" takes it all to some other level. The girls. The clothes. The glitter in his hair. The song about sex, more or less, that is incredibly non-erotic.

This video takes the carbon of a time and style and presses it into a cheesetastic diamond of pure, wildly enjoyable, horribleness.

Enjoy. You will feel physically dirty after doing so. But at the same time, so right. I promise.

2 comments:

the cherub said...

You know I think thats the first time I've ever seen that video.

I need a shower.

saratoga said...

pretty hot, in a '70s sort of way....

-saratoga