YouTube Tuesday: A Case Of You

Tonight's video is a little slide show, but I chose it for the song.

"A Case Of You" by Joni Mitchell.

"A Case of You" is Joni at her mesmerizing best, showing why she's head and shoulders above any of her so-called singer/songwriter contemporaries. Listen to Mitchell's voice in this video and it's clear (no pun intended) she sings Judy Collins or Joan Baez or anyone else of that era (or this) under the table. Her songwriting is on a par with anyone's . . . "A Case Of You" is a perfect little bittersweet bullet of a song, pure -- one of the few pieces of music I'd ever consider applying the word "luminous" to.

"You are in my blood like holy wine
Taste so bitter and so sweet
Oh, I could drink a case of you
And still be on my feet . . .
I would still be on my feet"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank you.

Brought a tear to a hardened eye again, remembering the feelings of 20 something years ago when I first fell in love with this song. Nice blog.