submissive vs. Dominant Blogs, Part 1

I was surfing the link list, looking for some inspiration, and clicking on links to links of links, and all of a sudden I came to the following realization, unspectacular though it may be:

There seem to be a lot more blogs by submissives than there are blogs by Dominants.

Part of this is that there are simply more submissives than Dominants. I have read, one place, that the number is something like seven subs for every 3 Dom/mes.

One might thus expect a baseline of 70% of D/s blogs to be by submissives, assuming that the blogging subset (!) exists in the same percentage as the D/s population at large. (And the much bigger assumption that the 7/3 ratio is accurate.)

By My anecdotal reckoning it's a lot closer to 90%.

Why should that be? Several possibilities:

1. submission is easier to write about than Dominance.
2. submission is more interesting to read about than Dominance.
3. submissives are naturally more introspective and analytical than Dom/mes.
4. submissives read more blogs, thus comment on more blogs, thus their blogs are better publicized and linked to.
5. A submissive can be ordered to do a blog, thus making submissive blogs more likely.

And any number of other possibilities.

I'm not sure I really put much faith in any of those I listed above.

If not those reasons, though . . . why?

That's Part 2.


4 comments:

saratoga said...

I can recall my former Mistress, XM, explaining that she simply was too busy with life, and dominating me, to write about it.

She preferred to do it than to write about it for some unknown mass audience.

I think you are probably closer to the mark with your lower estimate of Dominas:submissives. Personally, I think it's something near 2:1, excluding fetishists, those simply wanting kinky sex, etc.

That said, more submissives will likely have time to write about what they do not have, than Dommes will have time.

-saratoga

TFP said...

I believe women are more expressive, generally, thus the unbalance...

morningstar said...

i have to agree with TFP..

Perhaps instead of working out just how many subs to Doms.. one should take a look at the ratio of male to female Dominants...

i know when we have had a good weekend i will ask my Sir if He is going to blog about it.. and frequently He tells me to write it up .. because.. as He puts it.. "you write better"..

just my 2 cents worth

morningstar (owned by Warren)

Quietlisten said...

There is also the issue that -- given the imbalance in ratio between Dom/me and sub -- there are at any given time a reasonably large population of subs with no Dom/me who may use blogging as an outlet. I would be one who falls into that category; blogging as therapy, comments as a way to meet others and share.

-- Quietlisten