Some Wells Temporaily Dry; Others Flowing Abundantly

Lately I haven't had a lot of "essay" material present itself to Me.

While D/s as a topic is more or less inexhaustible, for Me there are just times when there is nothing compelling to write about. A stroll down the now pretty long link list didn't prvide any inspiration -- which is a comment on how uninspired I feel, on the the content in those blogs.

It comes and goes. Lately, I'm more inspired to write fiction. When I'm in the "essay" frame of mind, sometimes one sentence, one part of a sentence, even, can inspire an entire post. But when it's not there, it's just not.

And I make it harder on Myself in some ways.

1. I feel as though things I've written before I don't need to write again . . . but that ignores a stark reality of most people's blog-reading habits: If it's not on the top half of the current page, it pretty much doesn't exist. I'd do well to bear that in mind more often and perhaps not reject certain post ideas on the basis that I've "done that."

2. I'm picky. I'd say that for every non-fiction post that ends up published, I think of 12 and actually start 6. That's partially because of 1., above, but mostly because in the non-fiction area I really do strive for a certain economy. The goal being to preserve the power of each individual idea by keeping them relatively "scarce."

3. I need to stay in this arena. I could write all sorts of posts about politics, technology, etc., but again I want/need this blog to be about sex, Dominance, submission, etc.

I wrote last week that I wanted the three main "features" -- essays, fiction, and slices of life -- to be in more or less equal proportion. I'm beginning to understand that while it might end up that way over the long haul, in the shorter term one or two of those is going to predominate over the other(s), until it changes around again.

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

Sometimes just staying open to transition, and the need for everything to be fluid and open in our life, whether in our day-to-day business or our blogs, is the best attitude to take.

Whatever you write, whenever you write it, I for one love to read it. And no, I'm not just sucking up *grins*

Hugs,
Tiggs

Lenora said...

Thank you, Tiggr . . . it's a struggle for someone like Me who likes to always have things the way She "thinks they should be," but I'm learning . . .

All the best to you.