Blonde Moment


Like many women I've got a peculiar relationship with My hair, specifically its color.  All of us have a friend who changes hair color on a whim.  If you're like Me you don't totally understand that friend, but you envy her more than a little bit.

I'm in a comfort zone with My own nearly black locks.  Over time one's hair becomes one's personality, one's self, really, in a non-superficial way that men will never understand.  So I like who I am and I'm OK with My hair.

But I think about those who play with their hair color -- and how I often wish I could just change on a whim like that.  If My hair now "is" Me, then, changing it significantly makes Me . . . Someone else?

What if I were to (gasp) go blonde?  Who would I become then?  Would I "have more fun?" [Studies show that women with blonde hair do get more attention, socially/sexually.  I'm still young enough to think that's not a terrible thing.]  I know My IQ wouldn't suddenly drop 20 points;  that's just an unfortunate cliche . . . ummm . . . what was I saying?

Who am I kidding?  I'm simply not Suddenly Go Blonde For The Hell Of It Girl.  

But I know her, very well.  And I know she stole my boyfriend in the 10th grade.   


2 comments:

TFP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TFP said...

Change is good, but it should be reasonable, should it not?

Raven locks are just as alluring as the blonde, brown or even red locks.