Serves Me Right (No Pun Intended)

I, of all people, should've known better.

Should've known better than to title My last post "Back."

If you look, you'll see that post dates from August 2008. So clearly, I wasn't "back."

And I really should know that while the road to hell might not really be paved with good intentions, it's at the very least littered with them.

It reinforces for Me how important it is to battle the seduction of intentions, and trust only the reality of actions.

The cart goes before the horse, always. Actions lead to what we seek when we talk about "change"; intentions lull us into thinking we are changing.

So ridiculously simple, despite the surface nonsensical sound, but so insidiously difficult to apply.

I am not "back" until I am.

One step, here.

4 comments:

TFP said...

"One step at a time, is good walking"

old Chinese proverb...

Sue said...

It is good to see you... I've wondered a very great deal.

swan

Lenora said...

Nothing dramatic about My absence. Aside from just not having enoug time for everything I want to do or think abut doing, I just am too severe a editor. By the time I'm done writing a post I've come up wtih 17 reasons why it sucks, is unnecessary, or otherwise just shouldn't be posted.

Another thing to work on . . .

saratoga said...

Welcome back Lenora. I will email you about a few things.

Will I also see you on Yahoo now occasionally?

-s