Everybody Is A Star (Ummmm, Actually . . . )

"Look into my eyes, what do you see? 
Cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
Ive been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
I'm the cult of personality"

--Living Colour, "Cult of Personality"


A visitor to the channel the other night said something along the lines that he was "glad I was paying attention to the blog again."  Well, hold yer horses there, Pilgrim . . . a few posts does not "attention" make, but thank you . . . and I do hope to keep this up.

But paying attention to the blog isn't all fun and games.  When I was ignoring this blog, I was able to also ignore the fact that I have like, nine readers, three of whom are collared to Me and kinda have to read it. Paying attention means being reminded that some girl posts a photo of her cellulite for Half Naked Thursday Afternoon or whatever it's called and it gets 24 comments.   Or a post about random promiscuity will garner readership and comments like crazy (extra points for bareback).

OK, I get it.  I really do.  This might not be a sex blog, but it's "competing" in that marketplace.  And a sex blog has got to have some sex in it.  Or embarrassing personal details and revelations.  My dry little insights are clearly not cutting it in this hyper-exposed hyper-sexualized circus that blogging has become.  If you want to be a blog star you have to give the people what they want!

I just have to find My voice . . . perhaps something like . . . 

"I was trying for the eleventh time to fix My panty wedgie, and getting wet thinking about the grocery bagger at SavMart, when I realized something very important about the nature of Dominance and submission . .. "

Hrmph.  Clearly this isn't going to be easy. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

stick with it your blogs are good! x

Anonymous said...

Oh Mistress!!!!!!!
that guy at the SaveMart is very yummy.
Blog away Mistress, we'll get you readers.

storm{L}

TFP said...

"Hope to keep it up..."

~smiles




Dominance...Sub, Submission!

Anonymous said...

I’ve had one or more sexually themed blogs since 2000. As blog publishing and readership have expanded the largest audience, particularly for blogs involving power exchange are men seeking vicarious sex lives. Some days their badly spelled comments are dispiriting. But I still enjoy what I’m doing.

I’ve neglected a few sites at times. Indeed this week I’ve just started writing on a blog I’ve let go for two years. It used to have a good readership. Be interesting to discover if I have it in me to grow a new audience.

Best wishes.