I Get Letters . . .

Well, actually . . . I don't. Unless you count e-mails promising bigger breasts, weight loss, hot girls on their webcams, lower mortgage rates, a great career being a secret shopper, savings on insurance, etc. And my personal favorites, the ones with a subject line in a foreign language and with an attachment. Yeah . . . I'm so opening those. Not.

But it would be nice to get some letters. I envy people with satisfying and rich non-spam e-mail lives.

I actually did get a nice e-mail today. nina, of Lazy Geisha, e-mailed Me! I was sooooo psyched. The subject line was full of promise -- "Hi!" it read. Quickly I opened the meesage, already enjoying My new meaningful e-mail and speculating about all the wonderufl exhanges yet to come. Heart racing, I read:

Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that I've bought my own domain and have moved my journal. I noticed that you were linking my old space and was wondering if I could ask you to update your link to my new space. I've added your link to my blogroll and am looking forward to continuing to grow in my new home. Thanks so much!

xoxo,
nina
the lazy geisha



Well, OK, I have to admit I was a little crestfallen. But I bucked up and replied:

nina:

Hi. Thanks for letting Me know about the out of date link . . . I'll change it as soon as Blogger comes back from its maintenance outage tonight. Hope all is going well for you.

Lenora



I thought it was just right -- not too gushy, or anything . . . (I had typed out "Hi!!!!! want to be My best e-mail friend ever????" but edited that out before I sent the message. I think that might've been a bit too much.)

So I sent it off, and when Blogger came back . . . fixed the link to nina's wonderful blog. Which is here, btw . . . by all means check it out.

Anyway . . . that's that.

---------UPDATE--------UPDATE--------UPDATE--------UPDATE---------


OMG OMG OMG!!! Just As I'm blogging this, I get another e-mail!!!!! Yayyyyyy!!

Hi
Lenora!

Thank You so much! I really appreciate it! Sorry to hear that Blogger is acting up again. I do love your journal!

I'm doing quite well, just trying to get settled into my new home. And how are you?

Thank you again!

nina



OK, gotta run . . . I have an e-mail to respond to! . . . . byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . .

3 comments:

helpmate hubby said...

Hi i just found your blog and i love your personality. My Wife and i have a Wife-led marriage and i see many similarities in your attitudes with my own Wife.I'll keep checking back as i think you have a lot to say which could help make me a better husband.

Lenora said...

freya: Please re-send. I'm guessing I hmistakenly deleted it, since I can't seem to find your e-mail. No pouting!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.