Colors, Schemes, and Themes

I've spent a lot of time the past few nights playing around with the blog template, trying out other templates, investigating color schemes, etc.

It's frustrating work . . . without sorceress' help I'd be totally lost. That's the bad news. The good news is that progress is being made, albeit slowly, meaning that soon-ish this blog will have a different look.

But in the course of playing around, trying to pick a color scheme, etc., sorceress and I talked a little about web page design in general, and BDSM wedsite design in particular.

For whatever reason, black and red and grey and white is pretty much the de rigeur BDSM website design color pallette. With lots of bloody roses and iron crosses and chain graphics. I don't necessarily think it's all bad . . . it's just that there's too much of it. We went through a similar discussion in reviewing the design of the #EP website . . . sorceress wisely went with the tropical theme as opposed to a more traditional BDSM look, with excellent results.

Time to fire up Photoshop and start squinting at HTML. The new improved blog IS coming . . . really . . .

1 comment:

rivka said...

*g* I didn't even realize that there were that many other sites out there with those type of color schemes. Lol.. I was just using colors I've always loved. It sure has given me grief though!!