Frayed at the ends

Have been working a lot lately, and so feel generally very tired the moment I hit the door at the end of the day.

This makes Me feel guilty (shocking, I know!). I feel as though My girls are getting shortchanged.

Not that they've said anything (they pretty much wouldn't) . . . but I feel the pressure of it. See, all the time I run into slaves whose Owner doesn't have enough time for them. And I'm always saying how it's irresponsible to take a slave that One can't be here enough for. The old Yogi Berra line applies here: "90% of success is just showing up." Because time, and attention, are the most valuable thing there is. Many Dominants lose sight of this fact, thinking that all interactions must involve intense play, etc. Often, just being together is the most important thing. It's the constancy of One's presence, and the slave's feeling and knowing that, that matter most over time.

And now, I feel "not here," a lot, lately. And wow is that a sucky way to feel.

But, we've been through worse, and this too, shall pass. In this particualr case, at least, I know that love conquers all. But it's easy to lose sight of that as day-to-day toil inexorably wears away at the fabric of things.

OK. end of whining. storm and iris are here . . . the room's filling up . . . got to run.

No comments: