Breaking the Shell, Part 2

I talked last time about the concept of breaking the shell.

This, in My way of approaching things . . . is not "breaking" the submissive. The term "breaking" to Me, has the connotation of breaking her will, and that is not exactly what I am after.

What I want . . . and this will sound, I"m sure to many, completely unrealistic, is for My girls to do everything I want because they want to. This is the "trick that's not a trick" I've spoken of before . . . stating everything straight out, in clear terms -- revealing the "trick" -- and still having it work.

This is where breaking the shell comes in. One has to be let inside before One can begin to rearrange the furniture. And for most of us, whatever role/orientation we are, the house is very well-guarded, often in very complex ways.

So, in practical terms, what is breaking the shell? How is it done?

What is it? It is planting two concepts, very deeply. One sort of negative, one very positive. The sort of negative idea is that whatever the submissive might have thought submission is . . . it isn't. It is much much more. The very positive one is that the submissive has no idea whatsoever what she is truly capable of . . . she has no inkling of the things she can be, and feel. Cracking the shell is simply (simply -- ha!) getting the submissive ot understand those two concepts -- at first intellecutally, later on, intuitively.

Interestingly enough, these ideas are pretty threatening, usually, especially at first. Even more perverse is the fact that the positive idea is more threatening than the negative one. Which leads to how it's done.

How is it done? LOL Verrrrrrrrry carefully.

It's a combination of something very intense . . . something unqiuely for the submissive in question. It could be the pushing of a limit, but it isn't necessarily. But it has be something that takes the submissive "outside" of herself, something that, for an instant, at least, rearranges everything.

The second part is the Dom/me's constancy, tenderness, and care. It's long conversations, thoughtful explanations, patient asnwering of questions, reassurance, etc. It's a gentle but constant reinforcement . . . the goal is that the submissive understands that something has changed in her, not necessarily that she understands right away what has changed.

It's then that the real learning, the real submission, can really take place.

More to follow . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Full of insight. I feel I'm learning something. Keep it up; I'm looking forward to more.

saratoga said...

Lenora-

I think this is a nice technical and personal account of the core change that makes a couple into a D/s couple.

That is, the submissive truly comes to want to please his Domina more than he wants anything for him/herself. His wiring is changed, so that he wants what She wants, because She wants it, and it is by no means any longer a struggle.

Vanillas see this as some sort of power struggle. It's not. It's a free exchange. As a submissive, I can honestly say that, when I trust my Domina, this is fairly easy, although always a bit terrifying. In a very thrilling, exciting way. A rush not duplicated in any vanilla relationship I've ever had.

Deadly Female said...

Intrigued....fascinated.....