Skipping Ahead to the Dirty Parts

I read/skim a number of blogs. I read a lot of overtly sexual stuff on many of them. Sometimes they are literary vignettes, sometimes fantasies, sometimes reports of real-life adventures.

Doubtless readers have noticed a complete lack of any of that here.

That didn't start out as conscious decision. This blog has simply evolved that way, and I'm pleased with that. Not becasue I disapprove of erotic blogging; far from it. I enjoy reading it and in general I feel there is a dearth of good D/s erotica out there, so I'm always glad to see the available supply being increased.

But it's important for there to be a D/s think tank, if you will, as part of the blogmass too. That's where this blog has settled, and for Me, happily so. The comments I get and the slowly building readership tell Me that I am not alone in this feeling.

I may at some point toss a bit of erotica in occaisionally. There's more than one way to run a think tank, after all.

5 comments:

rivka said...

I like the material you offer here, and haven't found many other blogs that match the intellect. Thank you for choosing such a genre. :)

Anonymous said...

might one argue the point with you here? Given a statement or view of any situation, it is easier to comment. If everything tends to be abstract, then comment will be rather ill directed, don't you think? One learns from the ideas/experiences of others. Hence earlier questions/suggestions put to you by this reader.

Anonymous said...

I love it that your site is so cerebral. As you say, there are plenty of D/s blogs offering personal experience, but not many which make us think. Keep up the good work.

saratoga said...

I also enjoy your choices and style, Lenora. They tend toward my own- a mix of experience with reflection, thoughtfulness, and reasoning. :)

Imo, there is rarely enough quality thought of a practical nature put into D/s writing. It's typically either: raw experience, fantasy, or some male "so called dom" blowhard expousing on inane technical detail.

Btw, for a kindred site with a mix of these, but well-done, you might visit (if you are not already acquainted with her) http://www.marquise.org.uk/introduction.htm . She is an articulate, intelligent UK r/l FemDom with whom I correspond. The tone of her 'articles' are often similar to your own.

VeezKnight said...

I've debated about what direction in which to take my own blog. So far, my thinking is pretty much like yours.