Hot Off the Presses!

I read something on a blog a week or so ago (can't remember which one or I'd credit it here . . . it was one of those link from a link from a link from a link from a blog I'm linked to deals), where the author was talking about why she hadn't posted much lately. One thing she cited was that she often "saved posts up so that the current post could accumulate comments." She went on to say that she was going to stop doing that, and just publish what she wrote and move on.

I've thought about doing that same thing from time to time. Comments are, after all, good, in that they do show some tangible proof of readership. And, in the case of this blog, at least, they're always relevant and thoughtful; I enjoy finding them and reading them. And I'll admit, sometimes I'll look at a blog and see a post with 23 comments on it and feel the slightest bit envious . . .

But I've made the committment to try to post something every day, even if it's a bit of fluff or a pic. I love clicking on the blogs I link to and finding something new there. I assume that this is a pretty common feeling, and, to Me, it's important to keep up the feeling of this as a "daily" thing. There are any number of posts that might look different, or not exist at all, had I kept them in the hopper and revisited them before publishing. But that sort of defeats the purpose of this, for Me. I like to publish everything to this "think tank on the go" as it's written.

So keep those comments coming. . . . and don't forget to scroll down . . .

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Lenora, I've been meaning to stop in and thank you for your kind and insightful words of wisdom on my blog over the past weeks. It really has felt like a friendly hug through cyberspace.

Lenora said...

Thank you, jocelyn. I only wish I had something more profound and practical to offer. Hugs.

rivka said...

I'm so thankful for blogs like yours where the updates are pretty constant... yet I know mine aren't, and that makes me feel so bad. It just seems as though I either don't have the time, or don't have the mind for it (I go blank?)... :( But I wish I could update every day like this...

Thank you again!