Humility

I was talking with one of My girls the other night, and that evening's blog entry came up. The one entitled "Thoughts on multi . . . "

It became clear to Me, quickly, that that entry felt one way to her, but felt quite another way to Me. To wit: What I had written there, I intended as an expression of an ideal, i.e., the way things should be. But she took it much more to heart -- to her it felt like I was expressing that that is how it always is in My/our personal situation, and isn't that wonderful, etc.

And if course, it isn't, can't, always be ideal. I strive with all that I am to have it be that way, all the time , but stuff happens, life gets in the way, etc. A million different things can upset the pursuit of that ideal.

And thinking more on that leads to a point I didn't mention in either of those entries (the "mutli" one and the one that preceded it), but one that is incredibly important, and for Some, quite difficult.

Humility. The Master's/Mistress' humility.

Difficult becasue Our position as Dominants, the very nature of it, tends to mititgate against Our ever feeling "humble."

And the humility I'm talking about is not the humility of a submissive. It is the humility that one should feel in the face of the incredble repsonsibilty that the other(s) has entrusted Us with. The humility that tempers power, that enlightens power with concern, with joy, with wonder. The humility that One feels when One stops and realizes that a submissive, when s/he really submits, puts his or her very life in the Dominant's hands. The humility One should feel when one looks back, and then ahead, and realizes that to guide another(s) along the narrow, twisting, dangerous, but amazingly rewarding and beautiful path that submissive and Dominant travel, is a task so immense, so encompassing, that humility in the face of that realization is the only reasonable and sane reaction.

After a long struggle, the wise Dominant realizes that the kind of humility I'm talking about, true humility in wielding of power, makes One stronger, not weaker.

And to Mine . . . these three completely loving and devoted girls that have thrown their lot in with Me, I promise always to do My best to have that sense of ultimate humility in mind as I lead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time I saw it put this way was in a book by Midori. It was kind of shocking but a good way for someone on my end (submissive) to help keep the cartoon images of D/s out of my mind.

Since entering into a romantic D/s relationship I’ve come to see more clearly than I could in theory how important it is that I submit to someone who will take watch over me, protect me.

I sometimes go nonverbal. Twice while in that state I came close to injuring myself. I was too shut down to explain. Thankfully she reads me well and saved me from myself.

Lenora said...

Thanks for your words, richard. And congratulations on having found what sounds like a wonderful relationship. --L.