Magic . . . and Science

I don't get a lot of comments on what I write here, so I value those I do get.

OK, end of bitching.

In the entry "Plan and Process," I wrote:

"I do prefer the romantic, the emotional, to the clinical."

In a comment, Englishman said:

"Romantic and emotional preferrable to the clinical? This suggests you are far more in favour of the arts than the sciences. If this is so, then more of my theories hold up. (If wrong, then back to the drawing board!) "

My comment was referring to the fact that I have to sometimes ask the girls things that I wish I just knew without having to ask. It would be wonderful to never have to have a "checking in" conversation. Ideally, My love for them, their love for Me, and My wonderfully insightful nature (ha!) would carry the day and there'd be no need for mundane Q and A.

Alas, as much as I do know a lot of what they're feeling, where they "are" in their submission, without having to ask, there are times when there's no getting around having to just ask.

And it turns out that those conversations are necessary not only for Me to know . . . but sometimes for My girls to understand intellectually what they might intutively know but have never actually thought about/verbalized. My bringing it up forces them to think deeply about things that typcially they might be content to just be a part of, to simply experience. And that turns out to be extremely valuable, both for them, and for Me, to see how they react to the insights that they themselves acquire by the process of disucssing it.

So, really, the intuitive and the clinical both have their place, their time, their function. I greatly value the wordless flash of insight, the instant unspoken knowing, and always have. It's been a longer process, more of a struggle, for Me to give the intellectual side its proper status as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lenora, do your girls read your published thoughts? Do they ever comment in this manner?
Correct me if I am wrong; are they not dazzled by your thoughts as well as actions? Are you, in their eyes, a somewhat fearsome force which they serve, humbly, and rarely if ever try to fathom?

Lenora said...

They do read the blog. We talk, obviosuly, a lot, about what's written here. As for being a dazzling, fearsome force: I seek what I seek, and I know how I want to go about getting it. The combination of Me and them, works. Fearsome? No . . . although those who don't know Me can find Me a little scary, at times. Dazzling? I hope so. But in the end, I am . . . Me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your answer. I shall email to ask another question, if you don't mind, since you might prefer it not to be published or public.

Anonymous said...

mistake.....I have no address!

Lenora said...

Mistress@ratemydays.com

tasha{L} said...

All of us read Lenora's blog, but sometimes i will read it before a comment is posted and forget to come back and read the comments a few days later. i'm glad i saw these comments, because it's a joy to be able to address them.

i have been involved in the r/l and online BDSM scene for several years now and even if i wasn't Lenora's slave, i could honestly tell you that She is the most amazing Dominant i've ever met. It's truly an honor to be Hers. i am dazzled by Lenora daily.

i never fear Her. Ever. i can't even imagine what that would be like. i am constantly humbled to be around Her. Her incredible intelligence is awe inspiring and Her grace and kindness is an example for all. She weilds the power of a Dominant with a delicate touch. Many think to be a Dominant means to be a bully. She is the antithesis of that. She Owns us with love, not intimidation.