Time

I have a few guiding principles that I use with My slaves. Perhaps the most important principle for Me is this: Time doesn't matter.

Since none of us knows how much time we do or don't have, one might as well assume that time is unlimited. This is not to say that One should be content doing nothing . . . when I say that I assume time is unlimited, I mean that there is time to impart the same lesson, as many times as necessary.

This is vitally important. Human nature is such that much of what the Dominant wants to teach, to impart to the submissive, isn't necessarily natural. And certainly not easy. No matter how much inner desire the submissive might have, certain things are going to be a struggle. And, to add the to the complexity, for each submissive what is easy and is what is difficult is going to differ. Thus, time is what the Dominant needs, to figure all this out, to figure out what the important lessons are, and how to teach them. And more time, because this is an iterative process . . . some things are going to need to be shown, to be taught, ten, or fifty, or 339 times until the real understanding has been achieved.

Pitfalls of course are everywhere in this approach. It can be boring. It can be frustrating. And boredom and frustration can send everything down the tubes . . . we all have to struggle against taking the path of least resistance; working through the complexities is a real test of the Dominant's strength, will, creativity, patience, and, depending upon the kind of relationship there is, love. And it's a test of the submissive's desire and dedication.

Thank goodness there is so much time. No time to waste, but lots of time to use. I know I need every second of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding time, and considering method, might you be kind enough to give us chapter and verse?
Englishman.

rivka said...

Not easy or natural is definitely the definition. I feel so bad because Rico is having such a rough time with me... the things that have been programmed and drilled into my head and heart for so long are now meaningless. Yet the remnants from those things still induces impulses and instinctive actions that I *must* change.