Plan and Process

Every so often, I touch base with My girls, in a very straightforward manner, to see how they feel about their submission, about their situation, etc. It's a way for Me to be able to gauge if the the things I'm doing are working, and how well.

It is, of course, pretty much torture (and not the good kind) for the girls. They are more geared to acting and feeling than to talking about it. That is a wonderful thing, and really it's how it should be, but there are times when there needs to be a clear expression of things.

I need the verbal checkpoints, becasue while I have a process, I don't have a plan, per se.

That's worthy of some clarification. I have a "plan," in big terms. I know, exactly how and where I want them . . . the desired future state is clear to Me. The "process" is the strucutre, the overall strategy, by which the desired future state is someday achieved.

Within that, there is a "plan" . . . the tacitcs, if you will, that, presumably, successfully carried out, advance the strategy. When I say I don't have a plan, I mean that I don't have every single step laid out in advance. I don't think such is possible, really. The dynamics of the situation are too complex, things are too fluid to think that a prearranged plan will work more than a small percentage of the time. I accept that I have to continually montior, adjust, and re-think.

Thus My need to touch base, in very upfront and clear terms, every so often. I would just as soon not have to do this; I do prefer the romantic, the emotional, to the clinical. And certainly, a lot of times in these things, the more one talks about a subject, the farther one gets from understanding it.

It's all part of the "job." The world's best, most fulfilling, thrilling, exciting job. I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Romantic and emotional preferrable to the clinical? This suggests you are far more in favour of the arts than the sciences. If this is so, then more of my theories hold up. (If wrong, then back to the drawing board!)